compostteas - [Compostteas] Re attachments and smaple testing.

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Jeff Lowenfels" <jeff AT gardener.com>
  • To: <compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Re attachments and smaple testing.
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 10:52:33 -0800

The test of sending an attachment worked for most people. The question
arises as to their safety. We have a volunteer to help set up a site where
we can send attachments and photos which would make it safer, but he can't
help until after harvest. Anyone want a task?

Someone also noted the O active fungi in the report I sent. I mailed on a
Sunday from Anchorage's 24 hour air port mail station...only one of two in
the united states. Unfortunately, the sample sat for an extra day in Seattle
and I sure it was anaerobic. Good fungal biomass. Great Diameter, bad mail
service. Got my 35 bucks back.

This brings me to a point: Carole asked me if adding a picnic icepack
helps. She does it. Anyone else take special precautions when sending in
samples to test?

Have a great weekend. I am preparing to go to Seattle to a conference of
Garden Writers where Dr. Elaine will speak. Much tea to apply this weekend,
therefore!

Cheers,

Jeff L