compostteas - [Compostteas] how much energy is too much and a simple tea machine.....

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Jeff Lowenfels" <jeff AT gardener.com>
  • To: <compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "William Kruidenier" <williamk AT carolina.rr.com>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] how much energy is too much and a simple tea machine.....
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 10:19:46 -0800

William K and others.: I have always been curious as to whether the
agitation caused by our large, boiling bubbler systems is too much for good
fungi growth? I can never get mine above 7 or 8 ug/ml fungal biomass and am
considering just slowing down the roil. I world rather save the money on the
testing if anyone else has tried this first.. Anyone done any testing on
this one? .

Off list several folks have asked me for a simple, inexpensive machine that
they can start with and then decide if they want to move on......As far as I
know, John Evans at www.alaskagiant.com , has the least expensive machine
that has been tested by Dr. E. with good results....great results. It is
under 6o dollars or darn close (US, that is). He uses APC, has a
bioactivator included and sells a five gallon kit and a 1 gallon cutie.
Great presents for those who you want to "turn on" to microbe brewing. AND,
you will definitely want to see the pictures on his site of the things he
grows. John has well over a dozen Guinness Book of Record "Biggest"
vegetables" records........and now YOU now the rest of the story. He does it
with tea....AND he is a member of this list.