compostteas - [Compostteas] (no subject)

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Tom Jaszewski" <tomj AT lvcm.com>
  • To: <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] (no subject)
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 18:18:17 -0700

>Salt in worm castings can be diluted in low salt water, and have relatively
>little effect on the salinity of the brew, no?

It has an added effect for us since our water is already "salty".

>But salty water will have to be fixed to get low salinity.

Too many "fixes" begin to make brewing potentially cost prohibitive. We must
be careful that we don't get to alarmist. Reduced growth may be a vast
improvement over no tea at all!!

>So the compost salt content is relatively less important than the brew
water salt content.

Different scenario here since water is already high in salts.

>Does that make sense?

Perhaps in your case, but again where salts are already elevated salt
content in castings is a concern.

Anyone else gotten any test results on salt content pH and diversity?
Tom