commons-research - [Commons-research] open review model for upcoming workshop

commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Philipp Schmidt" <phi.schmidt AT gmail.com>
  • To: commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org, commons.research AT gmail.com
  • Subject: [Commons-research] open review model for upcoming workshop
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:52:34 +0200

I am participating in an open peer review process for the Human
Resources for Health journal. I think something like this would be a
good model for the upcoming commons research workshop/meeting as it
would address many of the concerns about being too open that were
raised prior to the iSummit 2008. I am forwarding the instructions for
review, but have removed information that allows identification of the
article.

The review state is closed to the public (I suppose to avoid
embarrassment of researchers whose papers might be rejected) but open
insofar as authors receive reviews of their paper along with the names
of the reviewers. Once a paper has been accepted all reviews (with
names of reviewers) and the paper are published online.

Best - P