commons-research - Re: [Commons-research] Draft report from Free Culture 2008

commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "philipp schmidt" <phi.schmidt AT gmail.com>
  • To: commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Commons-research] Draft report from Free Culture 2008
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:39:26 +0200

Hi Giorgios:

Thanks for writing the report, and also for doing most of the work to
make the workshop happen. Even though I could not attend many of the
sessions this year, I agree that it was a success and am confident
that it will grow from here.

Please add my name to the list of people who are committed to helping
organise the next one. As you know, I am in favor of a more "open"
approach to paper submission and review and thinking about how this
could be done in more detail - within this group - is something I look
forward to.

I just came back from WikiSym, where we had very similar conversations
about creating an inter-disciplinary community of researchers and I
invited everyone to participate in the 2009 Free Culture Research
Workshop rather than trying to set up more smaller events. ;-)

Best regards - P