commons-research - [Commons-research] A2K3 Call for Papers - Deadline extended

commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Elizabeth Stark" <emstark AT gmail.com>
  • To: commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Commons-research] A2K3 Call for Papers - Deadline extended
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:28:12 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lea Shaver <lea.shaver AT yale.edu>
Date: Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 11:11 AM
Subject: A2K3 Call for Papers - Deadline extended
To: a2k AT lists.essential.org

In association with the upcoming A2K3 conference in September -- online registration now open -- I'd like to draw attention to the A2K3 writing competition and Kaltura Prize.  We've just extended the deadline until July 24, 2008.

Please help us reach authors that would benefit from this opportunity to promote their work -- and advance research and awareness of Access to Knowledge issues -- by forwarding this announcement widely.

The competition is open to all scholars, policy-makers, technologists, activists, and industry representatives, as well as advanced students, with something important to say about A2K; with a particular focus on communication law and policy.  The author of the best paper on digital media remix, open-source business models, collaborative production, democratic culture, or a related theme will be awarded the Kaltura Prize; which includes an all-expenses-paid trip to the A2K3 conference in Geneva, as well as a cash award.

A full explanation of the submission guidelines is online at http://www.law.yale.edu/intellectuallife/7044.htm.

Thanks in advance,
Lea

--
Lea Bishop Shaver
A2K Program Director

  • [Commons-research] A2K3 Call for Papers - Deadline extended, Elizabeth Stark, 07/11/2008