commons-research - [Commons-research] Presentation format

commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Giorgos Cheliotis" <giorgos AT smu.edu.sg>
  • To: <commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Commons-research] Presentation format
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 21:54:24 +0800

Regarding presentation format, I will agree that traditional
speaker-by-speaker presentations can be dull, but that is not necessarily the
case when people have something interesting to say, so I hope that we will
receive good, thought-provoking submissions and then it should not be a
problem. Also, the purpose of research is to go into some depth and the only
way we can do justice to the work that people have been doing on themes
related to the workshop is to give them some time to develop their ideas when
presenting.

However, we will also include several opportunities for more lively
interaction. So far I have noted down 3 ideas:

1. a discussion on future research directions and possible collaborations
across institutions
2. a discussion on open versus closed reviews and how to promote more open
forms of reviewing and publishing in academic circles
3. a speed-geeking session for more practice-oriented and artistic works that
are innovative but would not necessarily fit under the rubric of academic
research.

Giorgos

<<winmail.dat>>