commons-research - Re: [Commons-research] Reviews

commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Anas TAWILEH" <anas AT tawileh.net>
  • To: <commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Commons-research] Reviews
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:35:56 -0000

Dear all,

I would vote for the extended abstracts, as this usually leaves some room for the development of the research, and would invite more researchers to submit their work.

As for the discussion around the open vs. closed review process, I would like to see an open review, but not sure what is a possible mechanism that would facilitate this without the drawbacks mentioned by Giorgos. Could we, for example, have an open voting process, where the number of votes given to each paper is made available online, while reviews and critics are sent to each author individually?

What do you think?

Anas