chtechcomm - Re: [Chtechcomm] Burlington Telecom live...

chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee

  • From: chtechboard AT willraymond.org
  • To: joel AT jdunns.com, "Chapel Hill Information Technology Advisory Committee" <chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Chtechcomm] Burlington Telecom live...
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 08:58:17 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Joel,

Do you get 183 cable television channels? Madness!

It's interesting that asymetry in service is still
considered "de rigeur" here while the rest of the world
has zoomed ahead with symetric service. BTW, latest
survey shows we've dropped to 29th ranked in BB service.

Imagine the fertile economic fields available when
we're up to 2005 South Korean standards of symetric
20Mbps - you could run your own services straight
from home. Speaking of S. Korea, did you see where
they plan to have 10M WiBro (WiMax/mobile device
spec.) users by 2007? If we do
this muni-network initiative as half-effectively as
South Korea, maybe one day soon we can advertise Chapel Hill
as being a small top ten world ranked tech enclave.

Will