ch-scene - [Internationalist] Give to Internationalist Books During the Fall Funds Drive!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Give to Internationalist Books During the Fall Funds Drive!
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 12:17:38 -0400

Dear friends,

Support Internationalist Books and Community Center during our fall funds drive!

Since 1981, Internationalist Books and Community Center has been animportant part of the community in Chapel Hill/Carrboro. Internationalist Books and Community Center is a non-profit, volunteer-run collective bookstore and community center dedicated to improvingaccess to publications and ideas from progressive and radical socialmovements, and serving as a physical space for community organizing andevents. We are only able to continue this work with support from ourcommunities.

Last year we relocated to a beautiful storefront in Carrboro, NC. Our programming and the use of our community center space has grown tremendously in our new space. We now have the largest and most active volunteer collective we've seen in years, and a hugely increased number of events, both programs initiated in the bookstore and events we are hosting for projects and groups in the community. We want to support this upswing in activity and ensure access to the space for all the groups and projects that use it free of charge.

This fall, our collective is reaching out to friends, family and community networks to ask for support! There are many ways to be involved and support us. One of the most important forms of support for us at this time of year is financial. Making a donation or becoming a Sustainer is a crucial way to support our space and our programs.

Internationalist Sustainerssign up to contribute a fixed monthlydonation. Sustainers take the uncertainty out of fundraising, providing
a reliable source of support that helps us more accurately budget ourresources. Because we are entirely run by volunteers, everything we fundraise goes directly towards the costs of maintaining our community center and supporting the small and independent publishers and authors we feature in our inventory.

You can learn more, and sign up through our secure PayPal account at:www.internationalistbooks.org/become-a-sustainer <http://www.internationalistbooks.org/become-a-sustainer/>. If you'd like to know more about one time donations, visit www.internationalistbooks.org/support-us/donate <http://www.internationalistbooks.org/support-us/donate/>. Internationalist Books is a 501 c3 non-profit, and we are happy to provide receipts for tax deductions. If you have any questions, you can email the store at ibooks AT internationalistbooks.org <mailto:ibooks AT internationalistbooks.org>.

Please consider becoming a Sustainer or making a one time donation. Feel free to share this email with folks you think would be interested in learning more about the Internationalist!

With love,
the collective at Internationalist Books and Community Center
---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: