ch-scene - looking for flatpicking partner/helper - Durham

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: matt <matthedt AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: looking for flatpicking partner/helper - Durham
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 09:15:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I'm looking for someone to play guitars with and maybe teach me a
thing or two. Interested in flatpicking styles - some bluegrass, old
time, country, etc. Maybe some modern versions of these. I'm an
intermediate player and can hold down rhythm guitar pretty well.
Working on learning more picking and less strumming.

So you are: A beginner who knows some songs and wants to play a bit
with a partner; an intermediate or advanced player who wants to play
with a partner who can hold down rhythm while you play/practice/
explore; an intermediate or advanced player who would like teaching me
some songs or technique; or some other person who just wants to hang
out and play a few tunes.

I'm actually much more into modern/indie rock, but am finding older
styles/flatpicking really interesting to play. So basically not a
bluegrass-head, but appreciate a lot of it.

Let me know, my living room or screened in porch is fine, or yours.

-Matt

  • looking for flatpicking partner/helper - Durham, matt, 08/22/2010