ch-scene - Puppets have to move and other news!!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovani AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Puppets have to move and other news!!
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:42:58 -0400

Hello out there,

We like to extend a huge thank you to all the folks who helped make
"I AM AN INSECT"
such a success this year.
We had record attendance, rave reviews, and great times.
We couldn't be happier or more satisfied with how it all turned out. we hope
you enjoyed it as well.
Thank you!

Now that the show is over, we are fully engaged in moving our giant puppet
studio to it's new home in the Saxapahaw community center.
our deadline is nov 1st And we need some help!
If you've ever thought...
"i'd really like to help with the puppets"...
Now is the time.
Sat Oct. 18th we will be parading all our giant
puppets, masks, flags, cardboard flats and more from our
old studio to our new one (about 100 yds. away).
This will be a big leap in clearing the space but there will be more to do.
Sundays Oct. 19th, and 26th from 11-5, we will be having work day parties to
get stuff dealt with.
we will also be working during the week if you have some time, let us know
and we'll work it out. 919-923-1857.
You can also help by contributing to the rent on the new space for a month or
more or less.
It is a tax-deductible donation that can be made to "saxapahaw community
chest" and sent to this address:
1616 jordan Dr. saxapahaw, Nc 27340.
make a note of your intentions with the check for paperhand. Thanks!

other Calendarevents for Oct...

sept. 28th and oct. 4th and 5th: hillsborough handmade parade workshops.
contact Hills. arts council or visit...
http://www.hillsboroughartscouncil.org/handmadeparade_workshops.html

Handmade parade is on oct 11th starting at 2:30.
arrive an hour early to get lined up and get your puppet on!

oct 12th shakori hills grassroots festival come join us for this superfun
event.

oct 18th giant puppet moving parade in saxapahaw at 2.
again, arrive early to make sure you can carry something you like 'specially.
we want this to be huge so come on out and bring a friend. this is community
at its best.

oct. 19th moving work day 11-5.

Oct 25th parade at the nc zoo in asheboro.
Our 1st time at the zoo come celebrate the animals with us.

oct 26th final clean out of our old studio. wowza.

That's more than enough for now.
We hope to see you soon.
Peace and puppets
donovan and jan

  • Puppets have to move and other news!!, Paperhand Puppet, 09/22/2008