ch-scene - Re: Another Club to Close

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: trunk <trunkrecords AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Another Club to Close
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:08:56 -0800 (PST)

I have read this entire thread and something strikes me as very oddly
left out. Where is the blame laid on the local population?
Ultimately, a local population has to have the intelligence to
understand and appreciate music as art / entertainment before they can
be expected to fill the music halls in our beloved Triangle. Fact is,
many, many, many of our residents have NO IDEA what a good band is and
that is the main reason local clubs can't fill the room based on what
the better bands of our area are performing.

Until the stupidity is magically lifted or bred out of the idiots
among us, get used to having to search for decent music and a decent
music hall to listen to it in.