ch-scene - Re: Alesis MultiMix USB Mixer

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "nebulax" <noneya AT bidness.org>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Alesis MultiMix USB Mixer
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:46:28 -0500

"Calvin Powers" <calvin AT cspowers.com> wrote in message
d5de8ec00711171715k4ae1bbbdy24cd16fe847791e0 AT mail.gmail.com">news:d5de8ec00711171715k4ae1bbbdy24cd16fe847791e0 AT mail.gmail.com...
> Howdy,
>
> I'm looking to buy a simple mixer for doing live-to-tape podcasting.
> Basically I need something that can mix two mic inputs, music input from
my
> PC and possibly some basic effects and mix it to a line out where I'll
> capture it with a digital recorder.
>
> I've been digging around and the Alesis MultiMix USB

Mixer<http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product_Id=4172188&JRSource=ne
xtag.datafeed.ALE+MMIX8USB>looks
> ike it would do the trick and $150 seems like a pretty good price. Do
> any of you have experience with this particular mixer? Are there other
> mixers you'd recommend for this sort of thing.
>
> Calvin
>
> --
> "These are hard times for dreamers." -- from Amelie

Hey Calvin,

I'm not a big fan of Behringer gear (mainly because they rip-off Mackie's
designs), but if for some reason you needed a small battery-powered mixer,
they have a 10 channel model called the UBB-1002 -
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHUBB1002 . I don't think it has a USB output
tho, so you'd probably have to go analog line-in to your computer to make it
work. Anyway, if you don't need to go battery power, then I'd also vote for
Mackie, or their sibling company, Tapco.

-Neb