ch-scene - RE: stuff to do, week of November 16, 2007

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Joel Peck <joelpeck88 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: stuff to do, week of November 16, 2007
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:28:37 -0500

When I started seeing the name Sweater Weather on flyers around here, I
thought of that. I had/sold a 7" and LP of the early 90's rock band, Sweater
Weather who were relevant for a little bit. Apparently, the elder Sweater
Weather has caught wind of the local namesakes and posted his thoughts.

http://www.strangeproportion.com/archives/2007/06/sweater_weather_jr.html

The irony for me is that I prefer the newer Sweater Weather, and that sounds
harsh. That might suck to hear/read if I was in the older one. Is jacket
climate taken?

> To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org> Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of November
> 16, 2007> > Yep, and I forgot to include the URL:> >
> http://myspace.com/plusslashminus (the locals)>
> http://www.myspace.com/plusminusband (the brooklynites)> > On the one hand,
> c'mon, how hard is it to notice that you're biting > someone's band name?
> On the other hand, you ever try to google +/-?> > Ross> >
> local506 AT gmail.com wrote:> >>> Wednesday, November 21> > +/-> > Wolverines
> (http://www.wolverinesrock.com/)> > The Tourist
> (http://www.myspace.com/thetouristnc)> > > > Um, isn't that name (+/-)
> taken? Then again, The Tourists were Annie> > Lennox and David Stewart's
> first band and god knows there is no> > shortage of bands with Wolf/Wolves
> in their title. But, really, is> > '+/-' that good of name that more than
> one band should even want> > it?....glenn> > -- ch-scene: the list that
> mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill --> >
> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene> > > > > -- ch-scene:
> the list that mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill -->
Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live.Download today it's FREE!
http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_sharelife_112007