ch-scene - A/V Geeks present "Schooladelic" and more

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: avgeeks AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: A/V Geeks present "Schooladelic" and more
  • Date: 25 Apr 2007 21:34:32 -0700

Schooladelic
School films that aren't about hallucinogenic drugs, but were
certainly influenced by them. Films include: 200, Toes Tell, Toothache
of a Clown, Fantasy of Feet, Malakapalakadoo Skip Two, Replay, The
Eyes Have.. Or Do They? and more! Admission $5

8pm, Friday, April 27th Filmmaker's Film Series The Masonic Lodge,
Downtown Hillsborough, NC

Other People's Property
A/V Geeks intern Ryan Cook presents a night of films about property
damage, these films attempt to describe the how and why of graffiti
and vandalism. They use any tactic from marionettes to dead dear to
warn of the dangers involved when you don't respect the property of
others.
The Vandalism Film: This film featuring marionettes and an original
folk sound track follows the conniving Sneaky. Sneaky convinces the
children of his perfect little town to vandalize everything until
their town is a wreck.

The Ticklebops: Vandal, the babyish star of this animated film, is
induced by his friends to ruin their nice, clean and bizarre planet.
It features one of the strangest national sports and trashcans made of
lips.
Other People's Property: Three boys look back on a prank as they sit
in the waiting room of the Principal's office. The boys wrestle with
regret, anger and hints of crushes on each other.
Fun Or Dumb: Graffiti: With a theme born from the seventies and some
hilarious interviews, this film focuses on the cost of graffiti to
businesses and cities.
The Boy Who Liked Deer: Jason is a normal preteen boy. He hates
school, likes animals and loves to let the air out of tires and start
fires in trashcans. His lesson is finally learned after he sees the
damage that his pranks are causing.

Suggested Donation $5

NOTE! NEW DATE 9:00pm, Thursday, May 3rd Bickett Gallery (http://
www.bickettgallery.com/) 209 Bickett Blvd, Raleigh
Coming Soon

Television - a Welcome Guest In Your Home The A/V Geeks present an
evening of educational and industrial films about television and how
we should watch it. Films include - Action and Violence, Welcome Guest
in the House, Television Serves Its Community and more.

9:00pm, Thursday, May 17th Bickett Gallery (http://
www.bickettgallery.com/) 209 Bickett Blvd, Raleigh
8:00pm, Friday, March 18th Center for Documentary Studies (http://
cds.aas.duke.edu/about/here.html) 1317 W. Pettigrew Street, Durham NC

In June
Triggerama! Films designed to provoke discussion.

A/V Geeks return to Houston and Austin.

New A/V Geeks Store! (http://www.avgeeks-store.com/)
Yeah, I know you are thinking, whoop-dee-do. For the A/V Geeks, it's a
big deal since it marks their departure with Paypal - a company which
some of you hate and that decided we were selling bootleg videos - who
cancelled our account. Sigh... Buying A/V Geeks DVDs helps with pay
the bills and makes it so that we can acquire and digitize more films
- rescuing them from landfills and obscurity.

Lots of new A/V Geeks films online at YouTube! (http://www.youtube.com/
profile?user=AVGeeks)
Now you can find your favorite film online and forward it to your co-
workers - bringing American productivity to a standstill! Spread the
word!

Looking for a new Raleigh venue.
With the closing of two great Raleigh venues - Kings and Bickett
Gallery - the A/V Geeks are trying to find a new venue for their
monthly Raleigh screenings. We are looking for a public space which
preferably sells alcohol and has comfortable seating. Give us a holler
if you know of a place.

See you soon!
Skip
http://www.avgeeks.com

To be added to the A/V Geeks events list, email me at skip AT avgeeks.com.