ch-scene - wed nov 29 durham 2 all ages free films

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: MarVellAlliance AT aol.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: wed nov 29 durham 2 all ages free films
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 23:55:59 EST

hey if any1 can come out, do chek out these 2 films we are showing tonite
Wednesday November 29th @ the marvell event center in durham, nc:

wednesday NOVEMBER 29th 2006:

*ALL ages FREE* films nite:

-the ACLU Freedom Files: 'Beyond The Patriot Act' [28min]
-followed by 'Pickaxe' [94min]

@ the marvell event center 119 w main st durham doors 7p showing 7:30p
9196880975 themarvell.com myspace.com/marvelleventcenter aclu.tv
crimethinc.com

**in case u don't know: BEYOND THE PATRIOT ACT: Through personal stories of
ordinary Americans, "Beyond the Patriot Act" tells how a misguided law and
other government overreactions to Sept. 11 are restricting our most basic
constitutional freedoms and threatening America's system of checks and
balances.
[http://aclu.tv/trailers/patriot?PHPSESSID=854c3c722860c99023bcef9bf34b5116
]
PICKAXE: An eclectic mix of activists take a stand to
protect an old growth forest from logging at Warner Creek in the Willamette
National Forest of Oregon, blockading the logging road and repelling the
State
Police. Over months a community builds around the illegal blockade as it
develops into the Cascadia Free State and similar actions spread across the
region.
Years after its release, Pickaxe has become a classic document of the
potential for grassroots direct action to achieve victory against the forces
of
both government and big business. Lovingly crafted by the participants
themselves, the film expertly presents every moment, from confrontation to
celebration.**

thanx! _http://www.myspace.com/marvelleventcenter_
(http://www.myspace.com/marvelleventcenter)

_http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=23025_
(http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=23025)

  • wed nov 29 durham 2 all ages free films, MarVellAlliance, 11/28/2006