ch-scene - 2nite: First Nation (Paw Tracks) + mas @ Nightlight

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ryan AT dyss.net
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: 2nite: First Nation (Paw Tracks) + mas @ Nightlight
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:15:40 +0100

Cute bands alert 3/23/06

come to Nightlight tonight and see ::

FIRST NATION << new band on Animal Collective's label PAW TRACKS, contains one
member of Telepathe, 3 people- Nina, Kate, & Melissa, lots of voices and a
little bit of guitar "sparse and measured and not bonking you over the head"
(Robert Biggers' SXSW report!). Warm, peaceful + free. I'm so feelin it,
especially with this sound hangover I have from the Duke Coffeehouse last
night.

see: http://www.paw-tracks.com , http://www.myspace.com/firstnationlove

BOYZONE << ALL NEW duo set of speaker-burning & broken gear, broken dance (but
no dancers tonight) & singer-songwriters styles, voice & echo, spontaneity +
nostalgic structures ("songs" by SCRT BF + more!). Their whole lives, a
warm-up
for this night.

with a possible performance by DAIRYMAN5000 << Roxanne + Rachel, rock n roll
sister act known for exuberantly trancey jams and implementation of ice-skates
into their act at a moment's notice.

Starts at 10:30PM // suggested $5 donation for touring band and the Nightlight
machine.

Also tommorow, Friday, check out Dead Elephant Bike, and you might just get a
surprize set by USAISAMONSTER!!!! (shhhh!)

Come come

LOVE IS ALL // JAM THE WITCHES

Ryan, Lauren, Jeff

As always