ch-scene - Open Letter to WUNC

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bryk <chscene AT bryk.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Open Letter to WUNC
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 23:10:04 -0500

Dear WUNC,

You MUST please add Sound Opinions from Chicago Public Radio. I have been listening to the podcasts for a few months now, and it is simply the best radio program about pop music there is. It is so frequently illuminating and entertaining that it is perplexingly INSANE that you have not added this one hour weekly show in NC Music Central, a place reknowned around the world for paradigm-shifting indie rock and pop, yet we are hearing multiple repeats of many programs. (Not to mention even subjecting the triangle to ONE hour of that inane yuppie gibberish "How Splendid Was My Table.")

If you add Sound Opinions, I will finally break down and become a member, despite the serious ill will WUNC inspired in my household when you spinelessly censored Ipas "reproductive rights" mission statement a few years back. Let bygones be bygones.

Adding Sound Opinions would be a strong statement that you are not a part of the forces of darkness.

Regards,

Dan Bryk
Raleigh