ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Code for Tanzania

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Kelsey Wiens <kelseywiens AT gmail.com>
  • To: CC Africa mailing list <ccAfrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Code for Tanzania
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 13:32:16 +0200

Our friends at Code for Africa are expanding into Tanzania. They're doing fantastic work!

Details below

Looking for a new challenge?

Our Code For Africa initiative is expanding into Tanzania from January 2016, and is recruiting a media strategist / ‪#‎DataJournalist‬ as country lead, as well as a ‪#‎CivicTech‬thought-leader to help establish a CitizenLab in Dar es Salaam.

The successful candidates will form the nucleus of a new Code for Tanzania team. Initial projects already in the pipeline include 'citizen sensor' experiments that use simple electronic sensors to give people ‘actionable information’ on issues such as air and water pollution. We're also looking at establishing 'citizen drone' units (using remote controlled planes like the one in the pic below) to help journalists and civic watchdogs track poachers, smugglers, etc, plus to get access to difficult-to-reach places.

Interested? Get all the details here: http://bit.ly/CfATanzania

Pic courtesy of http://conservationdrones.org/

Kelsey Wiens
Creative Commons Public Lead
Cape Town, South Africa

Mobile:     +27 (72) 438 5095
Twitter:      bella_velo
Web:         www.bellavelo.ca

  • [ccAfrica] Code for Tanzania, Kelsey Wiens, 11/24/2015