ccafrica - Re: [ccAfrica] [cc-affiliates] Enquires on Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Timothy Vollmer <tvol AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Tomoaki Watanabe <tomoaki.watanabe AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: kayode yussuf <kayusyussuf AT yahoo.com>, CC Affiliates <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>, CC Africa Mailing List <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ccAfrica] [cc-affiliates] Enquires on Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 13:49:33 -0700

Thanks tomo and kayode--

And CC has been partnering with several orgs on opposition to TPP--

https://wiki.creativecommons.org/images/3/32/Tpp_elsletter_fairdeal_2015-ii.pdf
https://wiki.creativecommons.org/images/b/b2/31Aug2015-orphan-works-USTR-TPP-letter-5groups.pdf
https://wiki.creativecommons.org/images/6/67/Publicletter-Wyden-TPA-EFF-fnl.pdf
https://wiki.creativecommons.org/images/e/e8/Tpp_transparencyletter_12-2014-fnl.pdf
https://www.eff.org/document/letter-tpp-copyright-term-extension-proposals
https://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/44544
https://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/43256

after the announcement that the TPP had been agreed upon wikileaks released the final text (which had been secret up until that point): https://www.wikileaks.org/tpp-ip3/

tvol

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM, Tomoaki Watanabe <tomoaki.watanabe AT gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Yussuf.

CC Japan has long been involved in advocacy related to
TPP's copyright clauses. And CC HQ at one point agreed
with the basic points. We did NOT support or oppose TPP as a
whole, but we did oppose the lack of transparency in the
negotiation process, and copyright clauses we saw in the
leaked texts (mostly in relation to their presumed effects on
Japanese culture and society).

I don't know if the endorsement of the CC HQ is published,
but a statement issued by CC Japan and its partners for this
advocacy campaign is available at:
http://thinktppip.jp/?p=519&lang=en

Best,

Tomo