ccafrica-oer - [Ccafrica-oer] Global Summit Registration email for circulation

ccafrica-oer AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Alex Gakuru <gakuru AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>, ccafrica-oer AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Ccafrica-oer] Global Summit Registration email for circulation
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 08:06:24 +0300

fyi,

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jessica Coates <jessica AT creativecommons.org>
Date: Tue, May 21, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Subject: [cc-affiliates] GS Registration email for circulation
To: "cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>, cc staff all <cc-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>

Hi all

As mentioned previously, today we publicly announced the opening of registration for our Global Summit with a blog post, which also announced that Professor Lessig would be doing a keynote at the event. You can see the blog post here: http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/38304

Below you'll find some email text based on the blog post for circulation around your networks. We'd love to get the word out to all our friends in other open communities, and anyone else interested in the future of open. So send it to everyone you can think of, post it to your own blog and twitter, just get the word out. Feel free to adapt the below text - it's just supposed to be a useful starting point.

While I have you, two Global Summit reminders:
1 - don't forget to register you and your team as soon as possible. It's particularly important for you to register early if you want to apply for travel sponsorship. We'll be announcing sponsorships in several rounds, starting in mid-June, until we run out of money. So the sooner you get your request in, the better your chances are.

2 - the call for papers ends this week, on 24 May. If you want to present at the Summit, you should submit your idea ASAP. The process isn't too hard - just a basic description and logistic details.

Looking forward to seeing some exciting talks come in over the next week.

Jessica

Creative Commons Global Summit registration open

Two exciting announcements from Creative Commons this week about the Global Summit, our bi-annual gathering of community scheduled for Buenos Aires in August 2013.

First – we are pleased to confirm that Professor Lawrence Lessig, Roy L. Furman Professor of Law at Harvard Law School and one of Creative Commons’ founders and current Board members, will be presenting a keynote at this year’s Summit. Anyone familiar with Creative Commons is likely to be familiar with Professor Lessig, who for the last decade has been one of the leading advocates for a more open copyright system worldwide and a popular public face of CC. If you are unfamiliar with Professor Lessig’s work, you can see an example of his inspirational speaking style in his 2007 TED talk, Laws that choke creativity. Details of the time and subject of Professor Lessig’s keynote will be released closer to the event.

Second – registration for the Global Summit is now officially open. You can find the registration form here. The event is free, but places are limited, so early registration is essential if you want to ensure your place at this meeting of CC commmunity, board, staff, and key stakeholders interested in the present and future of the commons.

We look forward to seeing you all in Buenos Aires.