cc-south-caucasus - Re: [Cc-south-caucasus] Armenia_New CC Licenses_5+1

cc-south-caucasus AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons in the South Caucasus

  • From: Movses Hakobyan <movses.hakobyan AT gmail.com>
  • To: Catharina Maracke <catharina AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-south-caucasus AT lists.ibiblio.org, Diane Peters <diane AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-south-caucasus] Armenia_New CC Licenses_5+1
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 18:14:37 +0500

Dear Catharina,
Thank you for comments, in general I followed them and inserted my comments
between lines below. I attached only word files, PDF files shall be
submitted after final approval. thank you once again.

Movses

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Catharina Maracke <
catharina AT creativecommons.org> wrote:

> *Dear Movses,
>
> dear all,
>
> My sincere apologies for taking so long to get back to you. Thank you so
> much for your patience. I have reviewed all documents which look really good
> to me - thank you very much for all your time and effort on this project.
> There are just some minor questions, I would like to clarify before we move
> forward and work on the xhtml formatting.
>
> Please note, that the comments below are only questions and suggestions for
> the English files. Since the Armenian version will be the final one, I
> encourage you to work very carefully in both languages, so that we are all
> on the same page regarding the English retranslation and - more importantly
> - the Armenian licenses are correct.
>
> BY:*
> * License Grant: Waiver for sui generis database right is listed in a
> separate numeration whereas in some other licenses (e.g. BY-NC), this
> section is part of the last sentence of section 3. Please make sure that
> this is consistent with all six licenses.

OK

> *Section 4d): Moral Rights language is not what we agreed on?

Right, I just followed the wording of unported licenses that I thought is
preferable (changed)

> *BY-NC:*
>
> *In Preamble refers to the term "Work" whereas the BY and BY-NC-SA licenses
> refer to the "Rights of the Licensor with respect to his / work.... "?

Thanks, I overlooked that

> *License Grant: Last sentence should be amended to reflect NC structure?
> See last sentence of section 3) in US NY-NC:
>
> All rights not expressly granted by Licensor are hereby reserved,
> including but not limited to the rights set forth in Sections 4(d) and 4(e).

*This part I amended as in unported License but 4(e) according to US license
is dealing with WebCasting Rights and Statutory Royalties I omitted.*

> *Section 4c) reference should be 3a) instead of 3b) ("...consistent with
> section 3b,...")

Section 4 (c) - is setting attribution mechanisms, subpoint iv. is about
attribution in case of Adaptation that is why I specified 3 (b)-Attribution
instead of 3 (a)-Collections. I think there is no need to make reference to
Collections in this case?

> *See above: Moral Rights language is not what we agreed on?

OK

> *BY-NC-ND: *
> *
> *
> **see above: Preamble refers to the term "work" again?*

OK

> **
>
> *see above: License Grant: Last sentence should be amended to reflect NC
> structure? See last sentence of section 3) in US NY-NC-ND.

*This part I amended as in unported License but 4(e) according to US license
is dealing with WebCasting Rights and Statutory Royalties I omitted.*

> *see above: Moral Rights language is not what we agreed on?

OK

> *BY-ND:*
> *
> *
> **see above: Preamble refers to the term "work" again?
> *

OK

> *
>
> *see above: License Grant: Waiver for sui generis database right is listed
> in a separate numeration whereas in some other licenses (e.g. BY-NC), this
> section is part of the last sentence of section 3. Please make sure that
> this is consistent with all six licenses.
> *

OK

> *
> *Restrictions: section 4c): Clarification for sui generis database right
> refers to section 4a) but not to section 4b)?
> *

OK

> *
>
> *see above: Moral Rights language is not what we agreed on?
> *

OK

> *
>
> BY-SA:
>
> *Section 1b): definition of "Creative Commons Compatible license" needs to
> include a reference a reference to the "unported" license as well, see
> language in the US BY-SA:
>
> "Creative Commons Compatible License" means a license that is listed at
> http://creativecommons.org/compatiblelicenses that has been approved by
> Creative Commons as being essentially equivalent to this License, including,
> at a minimum, because that license: (i) contains terms that have the same
> purpose, meaning and effect as the License Elements of this License; and,
> (ii) explicitly permits the relicensing of derivatives of works made
> available under that license under this License or either a Creative Commons
> unported license or a Creative Commons jurisdiction license with the same
> License Elements as this License.
> *

OK

> *
>
> *
> **Restrictions: section 4c): Clarification for sui generis database right
> refers to section 4a) and 4b) but not to section 4c)? *

Maybe this is a misprint but no reference to 4 (c) is made.