cc-sampling - [cc-sampling] Fw: Legal implementations of vectorizing copyrighted images (wasRe:[Clipart] Can't submit clipart)

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: "Jon Phillips" <jon AT rejon.org>
  • To: <cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-sampling] Fw: Legal implementations of vectorizing copyrighted images (wasRe:[Clipart] Can't submit clipart)
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:59:06 +0900

This might be a great question to pose to someone at creative commons. How much would one have to change an image for it to be considered a work in its own right. Please refer to our project, www.openclipart.org

We use the Creative Commons public domain declaration for the project.

We are collecting a large library of public domain vector graphics (SVG).

Thanks for any advice.

Jon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bryce Harrington" <bryce AT bryceharrington.com>