cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] (no subject)

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: "Z-Train Music" <ztrainmusic AT hotmail.com>
  • To: markhosler AT bellsouth.net
  • Cc: cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] (no subject)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:59:57 -0800

Mark,

Thanks for your response.

I have similar issues with a music CD i'm about to "release." I say it in quotes because the release will consist of sending out some cds to friends/family, record companies, radio stations, and setting up a website. No significant retail outlet distribution.

I've altered some samples of original work and incorporated them into new songs, not covers of the originals. I'm particularly interested in something you said about self-releasing and providing sampling credits.

Do you think it's wise to provide a credit list of things sampled in each song? Are "small fish" artists more likely to get away with sampling?

Thanks for any insight,
Andy