cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] Yet more name

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: "Christopher M. Kelty" <ckelty AT rice.edu>
  • To: cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] Yet more name
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 18:50:00 -0500

don.
i was having trouble with your very complicated message so i've
reformatted it for easier reading (fair use!)-- certain
things are emphasized this way... it actually sounds really
compelling if you run it through a speech generator...
try http://festvox.org/voicedemos.html I recommend the Spanish Male
voice... ;)

-- but in all seriousness, I dare say we agree. The sole point
of contention for me is whether the assertion of fair use be in the
technical legal langauge of the license. I think no ( and I am so not a
lawyer, btw)-- and I don't think anyone will notice.

I like Modified Fair Use as a description, but the hard part to get
across is that these licenses are a way of _encouraging_ fair use, not
actually using fairly. All these licenses will do is give art a way
of saying "fair use me!"-- not a way of allowing people less risk or
more rights fair use of other things. that apart, i think i agree
with everything else you say say say...

ck