cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] where Sampling will fit in the overall licesning model

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: Don Joyce <dj AT webbnet.com>
  • To: creative commons license list <cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] where Sampling will fit in the overall licesning model
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:36:40 -0700

This vagueness in a license would only serve to let more mud into the swamp, I think.
"Artistic" would be even more difficult to pin down than "not primarily" in many cases.
Has anyone thought of, "the less said, the better"?
Besides, I'm not sure of what everything non-artistic might totally consist of at this point, but I know pretty clearly what advertising is. I think the best thing is to simply ban all forms of advertising from free re-use, with an option which can include advertising in free re-use too if desired for some reason (?)
DJ

Posting for the first time...

What about making permission required for any application of the work that
isn't *primarily* artistic in nature?