cc-sampling - [cc-sampling] humble request #2

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: "Glenn Otis Brown" <glenn AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-sampling] humble request #2
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:35:39 -0800

I suggest that we table the anti-advertising issue for now and focus on
the main part of the draft -- how best to encourage collage and sampling.

It would be a shame, I think, if we spent even half our time
contemplating "What is advertising?" rather than digging in to the core
issues about promoting creativity. Yes, the issue are intertwined, but
we can always come back to the advertising point later.

--Glenn
Glenn Otis Brown
Executive Director
Creative Commons
glenn AT creativecommons.org
+1.650.723.7572 (telephone)
+1.415.336.1433 (mobile)

  • [cc-sampling] humble request #2, Glenn Otis Brown, 05/30/2003