cc-pl - [Cc-pl] Fwd: Help circulating call for volunteers for public domain calculators project?

cc-pl AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Polska

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: Creative Commons Polska <cc-pl AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-pl] Fwd: Help circulating call for volunteers for public domain calculators project?
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 18:24:28 +0200

Witajcie,

może kogoś z Was temat zainteresuje?

Pozdrowienia,

Alek

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 16:18:57 +0100
From: Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray AT okfn.org>
To: Primavera De Filippi <primavera.defilippi AT okfn.org>

Hi,

As you may remember the OKF is currently trying to build a set of
public domain calculators (see publicdomaincalculators.org).

I wonder if you might be able to help us circulate a brief note below
- soliciting for volunteers? E.g. it would be amazingly useful if you
were able to send this to your department, school or organisation's
internal mailing list! We're particularly keen to get this out to
graduate (or even enthusiastic undergraduate!) students - in legal or
related disciplines.

What do you think? Any ideas?

All the best,

Jonathan

## HELP TO MAP THE PUBLIC DOMAIN AROUND THE WORLD!

The Open Knowledge Foundation (okfn.org) is a not-for-profit
organisation dedicated to promoting open knowledge in all its forms -
from sonnets to statistics, genes to geodata. This includes work to
make it easier for people to find and reuse works which have entered
the public domain in their country (publicdomain.okfn.org).

We are currently seeking volunteers to help us to develop and review a
set of Public Domain Calculators for countries around the world
(publicdomaincalculators.okfn.org). These help people determine
whether or not a given work is still protected by copyright. We want
to combine these calculators with large collections of data about
works to enable people to find out which works are in the public
domain in their country and enable them to find, download and share
copies of these works.

There are currently 15 completed flowcharts (USA, Canada, UK, Spain
and Norway), one of which has already been implemented into code (UK).
We've got a growing network of legal experts, developers and advocates
in over 30 countries. We want to build on this to create and review
calculators for more countries around the world.

If you're interested in helping out, please email
jonathan.gray AT okfn.org and primavera.defilippi AT okfn.org - or join our
mailing list and introduce yourself at:

This note is available at:
http://blog.okfn.org/2011/05/10/help-to-map-the-public-domain-around-the-world/

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator
The Open Knowledge Foundation
http://blog.okfn.org

http://twitter.com/jwyg
http://identi.ca/jwyg

  • [Cc-pl] Fwd: Help circulating call for volunteers for public domain calculators project?, Alek Tarkowski, 05/10/2011