cc-pl - [Cc-pl] [Fwd: [Cc-icommons] Issues raised at pop music conference: Collecting societies, warranty, NonCommercial, request for limited term license]

cc-pl AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Polska

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <alek.tarkowski AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: Creative Commons Polska <cc-pl AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-pl] [Fwd: [Cc-icommons] Issues raised at pop music conference: Collecting societies, warranty, NonCommercial, request for limited term license]
  • Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 07:20:15 +0200

Ulrike Mahlmann z niemieckiego CC przeslala ciekawe sprawozdanie z imprezy, w ktorej uczestniczyla. W trakcie 75 minutowej dyskusji nad CC zostal m.in. poruszony temat OZZ. Dla mnie najwazniejszy jest wlasnie ten fragment - Ulrike pisze:
"In other Popkomm discussions, e.g., on podcasting, it became clear that GEMA remains firmly convinced that it must keep tariffs high, even if this means stifling the distribution of their authors’ music via new technologies completely. So they must be displeased with CC because CC music is in competition with their authors’ music. In the podcasting discussion, Jim Griffin, founder of the Pho group and mailing list, said that in the U.S. it is also impossible to obtain (valid) licenses for podcasting, so *podcasters can only use free music. However, he had ended up not even missing the non-free music…* "

pozdrowienia,

alek.

--
koordynator / Public Lead