cc-mixter - Re: [cc-mixter] Fwd: ccmixter visualization

cc-mixter AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: This list is OBSOLETE and ignored

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: jesse AT kriss.org
  • Cc: "cctools-cchost AT lists.sourceforge.net" <cctools-cchost AT lists.sourceforge.net>, "This is the primary list for discussing and administrating ccmixter.org." <cc-mixter AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-mixter] Fwd: ccmixter visualization
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:16:35 -0800

On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 07:26 -0500, Jesse Kriss wrote:
> Hi Jon -
>
> I don't know if he ever mentioned it, but I was talking with Victor a
> while back about doing a visualization of ccMixter. He gave me a
> then-current dump of the data and added some hooks for a future
> visualization page. I sent him a version of this email, but I'd like
> to get you involved in the discussion, as well. Let me know if any of
> this sounds interesting...

Hi Jesse, this looks really cool!

You should file this into the cchost feature requests tracker along with
your screenshots!

Make sure to select the category as cchost

Also, attach your screenshots.

Otherwise, please checkout the latest version of cchost and contribute a
patch. After you contribute a successful patch, then we can give you cvs
access to add to cchost directly.

My only comment is that you should think of this visualization generally
as an extension and also something that can be used for multiple media
types and not just music.

You would be adding code to cchost, which is the backend for ccmixter.

Jon

--
Jon Phillips
jon AT creativecommons.org

Software Engineer
Creative Commons
www.creativecommons.org

  • Re: [cc-mixter] Fwd: ccmixter visualization, Jon Phillips, 01/18/2006