cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] Exif is dead, long live XMP

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Kevin Marks <cc AT mediagora.com>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] Exif is dead, long live XMP
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:40:16 -0700

On Aug 24, 2006, at 11:21 AM, Mike Linksvayer wrote:

I'm thinking that because embedded video metadata practically does not
exist (note "practically") that rather than attempting to come up with
specs for CC embedding in every video format we help come up with specs
for XMP embedding in every format.

Gah. QuickTime has had metadata embedding for 15 years at least. But it isn't widely used. EXIF is.

What is even more widely used is people creating metadata in HTML and linking to the files...