cc-metadata - Re: GFDL

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: GFDL
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:52:28 -0800

Evan Prodromou wrote:
Has anyone done CC metadata for the GNU Free Documentation License? I
think it'd be:

> <License rdf:about="http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html";>
[...]

Looks good to me, though if CC were to "package" the GFDL as we have the [L]GPL, we'd probably use

<License rdf:about="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/GFDL/1.2/";>

as our convention has been to use the URL the deed is at as the license URI -- that's where the license RDF is embedded, and it links to the legalcode.

  • GFDL, Evan Prodromou, 03/31/2004
    • Re: GFDL, Mike Linksvayer, 03/31/2004