cc-metadata - WordPress, Gnu-Gpl blog

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Lorenzo De Tomasi <lorenzo.detomasi AT creativecommons.it>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: WordPress, Gnu-Gpl blog
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:14:10 +0100

http://wordpress.org/

Similar to MovableType, it is interesting because it has been released under a Gnu-Gpl free License and focuses on web standards.

---
WordPress was born out of a desire for an elegant, well-architectured personal publishing system built on PHP and MySQL and licensed under the GPL. It is the official successor of b2/cafelog. WordPress is fresh software, but its roots and development go back to 2001. It is a mature and stable product. We hope by focusing on web standards and user experience we can create a tool different from anything else out there.