cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] first compatibility candidate

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Sarah Pearson <sarah AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] first compatibility candidate
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 08:05:17 -0500

Together with Copyleft Attitude, Creative Commons is happy to formally propose the Free Art License 1.3 as the first candidate for consideration under the ShareAlike compatibility process.

Per the compatibility process, we have published a wiki page dedicated to the FAL proposal. The page includes an initial comparison of the FAL and BY-SA 4.0.

Over the next several weeks, we will be seeking public input on this proposal. Look for specific discussion prompts on this list, but in the meantime, please feel free to chime in with general comments and reactions.

best,
CC Legal

  • [cc-licenses] first compatibility candidate, Sarah Pearson, 07/22/2014