cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Attribution: accurate credit should not be forbidden

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Anthony <osm AT inbox.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>, kctucker AT gmail.com
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Attribution: accurate credit should not be forbidden
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:22:52 -0400

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Kim Tucker <kctucker AT gmail.com> wrote:
imo, if a free culture is what we want to achieve, there is a missing
license: SA 4.0 - an update of
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sa/1.0/ which was retired because
less than 2% of the community wanted it. Who knows what might have
happened if it had not been retired?

I like ShareAlike 1.0, but I'm not sure what would be the point of having a ShareAlike 4.0.  What would change?

If people want to use SA 1.0 (and there aren't that many that do), nothing is stopping them.

If anyone is interested helping "debug" a draft alternative to SA 4.0,
the Libre Puro License, please take a look:

http://wikieducator.org/Libre_Puro_License

I'm not sure what the Libre Puro License has to do with SA 1.0 (or SA 4.0).  It looks completely different to me.