cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Compatibility: please do not use an external list, insert explicit conversion clauses instead

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Compatibility: please do not use an external list, insert explicit conversion clauses instead
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:36:40 -0400

On Saturday 27 April 2013 06:19:58 Francesco Poli wrote:
> (such as the ones raised by drew
> Roberts), I recommend a conversion clause to GPLv2-or-v3.

Just to be clear, I don't currently have those concerns re GPL versions and
Free Software. (I do know that anything is possible though but that same
danger exists with future versions of BY-SA.) I do have some concerns with
respect to the Freedom of non-Software works under current and especially
future GPL licenses. (Even here, these concerns were mostly in light of a
hoped for strengthing of BY-SA copyleft protections for photos and the like
which it looks like we are not going to get this go around.)

I may just have to experiment with BY-NC-SA with a right to commercial use...
I hate the thought but I am having it.