cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Draft 3 of 4.0: Published for Comment

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Diane Peters <diane AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Draft 3 of 4.0: Published for Comment
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:34:35 -0800

I'm pleased to announce that today we are publishing draft 3 of the 4.0 license suite.  This formally kicks off the third and final public comment period.

Blog post: http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/36713
Draft 3 discussion page:  http://wiki.creativecommons.org/4.0/Draft_3
All six licenses:  http://tinyurl.com/coe2ftr

We have a number of issues queued for discussion.  Starting this coming Tuesday, we will be posting to this list topics prepared for discussion and on which we'd especially like your feedback.  The topics are summarized on the main discussion page and detailed on the individual wiki pages.  Here are those that we have already prepared and that will start landing in your inboxes next week:
(see the Draft 3 treatment boxes on each of those pages for more details.)

For enthusiasts, we encourage you to review the licenses and start considering those topics now.  Please watch for our posts and share your thoughts in reply.

We owe all of you a debt of gratitude for your patience.  All of us at CC are really excited about how the licenses are shaping up, and look forward to a successful, final discussion period.

Diane