cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Question on Draft 2: Definition of Non-Commercial (again)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Kevin Feenan" <ktfeenan AT knomaze.com>
  • To: "'Development of Creative Commons licenses'" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Question on Draft 2: Definition of Non-Commercial (again)
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:22:06 -0400

Can I try a different approach on this ....

So -NC means no-commercial even if the principal aim of the publication/aggregation of content is non-profit based.

So is there anything in here that would specifically exclude the organization from receiving the work as CC-BY-SA but publish it as CC-BY-NC-SA?

I.e. does there need to be language included in the license that allows the recipient to use a more restrictive license but not a less restrictive one.  Or is this inherent in the language of the license?

Kevin