cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] by-nc-sa draft and GPL compatibility of by-sa

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab AT web.de>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] by-nc-sa draft and GPL compatibility of by-sa
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 19:52:49 +0200

Hi,

Are there any parts in the current draft of by-nc-sa which would
hinder one-way GPL compatibility of by-sa when the nc-clauses get
removed?

Best wishes,
Arne

PS: I could not participate in the drafting as much as I would have
liked because we moved to a new flat, so my free time was (and still
is) severly limited, so I have to resort to just asking. To me,
GPL-compatibility is the most important new option of by-sa 4.0,
because if it gets realized, we get rid of the arbitrary split inside
copyleft free culture enforced by legal details.

I hope the arguments and use-cases I already posted help to show why
GPL-compatibility is an important goal for by-sa 4.0, even though I
cannot participate actively in the current discussions as much as I
would like to.