cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Use cases for cc by-sa compatibility with GPL

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Use cases for cc by-sa compatibility with GPL
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 10:38:11 -0500

On Thursday 29 December 2011 20:41:42 Anthony wrote:
>  That's not a bug,
> it's a feature.

Actually, it is one of the big glaring (you may think unavoidable) BUGS in
Free copyleft licenses.

When I put something under a Free copyleft license, I would love it to be
freely mixable with all other works under Free copyleft licenses. If that
could be accomplished without reducing the copyleft protections for everyone
with respect to my work.

I would love to hear the thoughts of others whose preferred licenses are Free
and copyleft.