cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] serious analysis of the CC/software license overlap?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Luis Villa <luis AT tieguy.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] serious analysis of the CC/software license overlap?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:35:17 -0800

Hi, all-
I was wondering if anyone here has done (or seen) a serious written
analysis of the issues at play when CC-licensed content (e.g., art,
music) is distributed with GPL or other strong-copyleft software
licenses? I seem to recall seeing some discussion about this issue a
year or so ago (not necessarily on this list), but can't find any
references to it right now, and I don't quite have the time/energy to
walk through both sets of licenses from the ground up right at the
moment. (I'll probably find the time to do it in the early spring if
no one else does.)

Thanks-
Luis

  • [cc-licenses] serious analysis of the CC/software license overlap?, Luis Villa, 12/22/2009