cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Moral rights in Creative Commons licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Hiram A. Meléndez Juarbe" <elplandehiram AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Moral rights in Creative Commons licenses
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:46:05 -0400

In Puerto Rico, the law is unclear as to waivability of MR and conditions for their infringement. Our proposed license tries to deal with this by not waiving MR but letting enough room for courts to interpret MRs flexibly. If you have a chance, check out our documents here http://creativecommons.org/worldwide/pr/ and especially, a simple explanatory document here: http://creativecommons.org/worldwide/pr/english-changes.pdf

Hiram
University of Puerto Rico Law School