cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Lawsuit over Virgin Mobile's and Ethical Use

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: paola.dimaio AT gmail.com
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>, ccthailand AT googlegroups.com, asia-commons AT asia-commons.net
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Lawsuit over Virgin Mobile's and Ethical Use
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:21:51 +0700

to: cc thailand, cc discussion list, asiacommons

We have had some recent discussions on the desirability/usefulness to
have an 'ethical use' clause as a possible add on to cc licenses

I can chose, attribution, non commercial, non derivative, sharealike
but nothing prevents a third party to use an image for something that
I do not approve of (in an unethical marketing campaign or an
unethical website etc)

In the story below I expect Virgin in turn can sue its Advertising
Agency, but thats beside the point

How do I go about adding an 'ethical use' clause, Your Honors?

--
Paola Di Maio
School of IT