cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Software based on CC'ed works

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Dan White <ygor AT comcast.net>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Software based on CC'ed works
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 00:07:18 -0400

Here's the deal:

Graphic material, released under Creative Commons Non-Commercial No- Derivatives License.

With the creator's permission and cooperation, I wrote software that draws graphics based on his works.

I believe I can put a GNU-GPL on my source code to protect it, but how should I cover the use of the original material ? Can he grant me something that lets me use it and have everything remain covered ?

  • [cc-licenses] Software based on CC'ed works, Dan White, 09/08/2007