cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] QUERY REPOST: Creative Commons protectionsinquestion?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] QUERY REPOST: Creative Commons protectionsinquestion?
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:55:13 -0400

On Friday 01 June 2007 05:31 pm, Kevin Phillips (home) wrote:
> [...]

An interesting thing is that in an "All Rights Reserved" culture the
compulsory licenses work to negate some of the monopoly issues whereas in a
Free and Copyleft culture, they work to enhance monopoly issues.

Perhaps it would make sense to try and build a little momentum towards an
exemption to the compulsory licenses for Free and Copyleft works.

> I suppose it's up to us to upturn the rocks, so maybe we should get in
> touch with Macjams and Ourmedia and find out what they think of this issue?
> Afterall, it could directly effect a great deal of the works they're
> hosting.

If I remember and find the time, I will try and talk ot the ourmedia folks
about this. I am in contact with them fairly regularly.

I signed up a while back to try and be a developer to see if I could get a
search by license feature implemented for the site. They were having so many
server issues for so long, that that plan was put on the shelf. I may try and
get it going again soon.

> Kev

(da idea man)