cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC strategic elements

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Björn Terelius" <bjorn.terelius AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC strategic elements
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:55:28 +0200

On 5/10/07, Joachim Durchholz <jo AT durchholz.org> wrote:
Hi all,

(snip)

I'm interested in getting a rough idea where everybody stands on the
above issues.
This includes the "official" position of the CC.
I'd also like to invite those with whom I had serious flamewars,
provided that we all can stick to the issues and leave out motives,
backgrounds, or other personals.

Regards,
Jo

I agree with you, it would be good to have the quantization of rights
that CC provides, available for software too. Unfortunately, people
seem worried that trying to "compete" with the FSF might result in a
political backlash. I'm not sure whether the worry is justified, or
what form that backlash would take, so I'm not qualified to comment on
that.

Personally I think that ND can be useful in many circumstances (both
software and media).

BTW. I would like to know if someone can update the FAQ with the new
text that resulted from discussions in the "Unbundling the GPL"
thread.

Regards
Bjorn