cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Unbundling the GPL

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Joachim Durchholz <jo AT durchholz.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Unbundling the GPL
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:16:55 +0200

Greg London schrieb:
It's really hair splitting about terminology,
but since some people make subtle differences,
it's important to get the language right to avoid
exactly this kind of discussion.

[long and only partly on-topic reply snipped]

Actually I didn't specifically mean you, though I have to admit that after writing it, I noticed you might feel portrayed with that.

Nothing wrong with that. Insisting on exact terminology isn't always a Good Thing or a Bad Thing, it all depends on circumstances. (I don't have issues with nitpicking, nor issues with being corrected; I do have issues with being treated as if I were an idiot.)

What surprised me is that you object to being precise here.
Care to give convincing reasons?

-Jo