cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Unbundling the GPL

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Joachim Durchholz <jo AT durchholz.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Unbundling the GPL
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:57:49 +0200

Greg London schrieb:
On 4/26/07, Joachim Durchholz <jo AT durchholz.org> wrote:

Terry Hancock schrieb:

> 2) Shareware is an utter economic and technical failure, whereas Free
> Software is rocking the planet.

That depends.

The original idea died very quickly.
However, it quickly mutated into "try before you buy", and that has been
a success.

This only reinforces my point that NC and ND are proprietary licenses.

Non sequitur.
That a concept applies to a successful business doesn't mean it's useless for noncommercial activities.

Greg, I'm terribly sorry, but I think it's a waste of time arguing with you.

This doesn't mean that your beliefs and values are baseless or something. It's just that I think you're not doing a good job at explaining them in a way that I can accept, and that I'm not doing a good job at explaining my beliefs to you in a way that you can accept.

Having to clear up non sequiturs, terminology, and dogma in your reasoning made this a particularly unpleasant exercise for me, though it's probably not your fault in particular (though I sincerely wish you'd at least acknowledge arguments so that we know where we need not revisit).

Again, I'm terribly sorry, but the discussion with you has become a waste of my time (and probably of that of many others too), so I'm stopping it right here, right now.

Regards,
Jo