cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Thoughts / Questions re ND

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Dana Powers" <dana.powers AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Thoughts / Questions re ND
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 16:27:41 -0700

From the Definition of Adaption in 1.a:

"For the avoidance of doubt, where the Work is a musical work,
performance or phonogram, the synchronization of the Work in
timed-relation with a moving image ("synching") will be considered an
Adaptation for the purpose of this License."

Because the licenses addresses synch rights explicitly, I don't think
you could get away with any type of "moving image" - white noise, or
otherwise.

Breach of contract for synching (public domain or no) -> no license ->
copyright infringement for mere reproduction.

my 2c
Dana